Thursday, March 19, 2009

haight space


here are a few more images that i have been working on for my thesis. the name i have revealed in this post, so perhaps there is an understanding of where i live. one of the first photographer's i met in my life told me to shoot what i know best. i don't know if i quite understood what he meant at the time, but i do now. i am finding with this project that my attachment to my neighborhood has really changed the meaning of photography for me. the connection that i seem to have is deep and i am enjoying myself in this picture taking part of my life. 

the first is an image of a shoe taylor in my neighborhood named carlos. he runs a good business and is so friendly to the neighborhood people. it is a neighborhood with many skeletons in the closet, intense historical references, cosmic energy and artistic release. 

No comments:

Post a Comment